What can I expect?
As an award-winning professional photographer with extensive local knowledge, I run all of my photography workshops personally. My aim is simple; to inspire and encourage you to take your photography to the next level whilst taking in some of the finest wildlife and scenery the UK has to offer.
Throughout the day you will have the opportunity to capture a range of images, from portraits and silhouettes to action shots and behavioural photographs. My red deer photography workshops will show you how to capture a stunning portfolio of images of these amazing mammals.
The welfare of the subject is of utmost importance in all my wildlife photography workshops. I will teach you the essential fieldcraft skills required to get close and capture stunning images without causing stress or disturbance.
- DSLR, mirrorless or bridge camera
- A 500mm+ lens or 300mm with teleconverters is ideal (or equivalent on crop/bridge camera).
- There may also be opportunities for landscape photography, so a wide angle or standard zoom lens and a sturdy tripod are recommended.
- Camouflage is not essential for this workshop, however neutral colours – browns and greens are advisable.
- Due to the nature of the location we may be crossing boggy ground and dense vegetation to get close to the deer. Waterproof walking boots are essential and waterproof clothing is strongly recommended.
Please visit the FAQ’s section for more information on what to bring.