What can you expect?
Whether you are a complete beginner or a seasoned professional this workshop will be tailored to meet your individual needs. All technical aspects will be covered as required along with invaluable tips and tricks. My aim is simple; to inspire and encourage you to take your photography to the next level whilst taking in some of the finest wildlife and scenery the UK has to offer.
The sheer number of seabirds can sometimes become a bit overwhelming but I will ensure we are in the best position to photograph the action throughout the day. You will have the opportunity to capture a range of images; from portraits, action and flight shots to environmental images. My puffin photography workshops will show you how to capture a stunning portfolio of images of these amazing seabirds.
The welfare of the subject is of utmost importance in all my wildlife photography workshops. I will teach you the essential fieldcraft skills required to get close and capture stunning images without causing stress or disturbance.
- DSLR, mirrorless or bridge camera
- A 300-500mm lens for frame filling portraits (or equivalent on crop/bridge camera).
- There may also be opportunities extreme wide angle photography, so a wide angle or standard zoom lens is highly recommended.
- If you prefer to shoot from a tripod or beanbag please also bring this along.
- There are no toilet or refreshment facilities on Staple Island, however a toilet is available on Inner Farne.
- Camouflage is not essential for this workshop.
- Please bring a hat!!!
- Due to the nature of the location we may be caught out in showers or strong winds and we may be sitting on wet ground to get to eye level with the birds. Waterproof walking boots are essential and waterproof clothing is strongly recommended.
Please visit the FAQ’s section for more information on what to bring.