What can you expect?
From close up detailed portraits to environmental and behavioural images my owl photography workshops will show you how to capture a stunning portfolio of images of these unique birds.
I have studied and photographed owls in great depth, and I will teach you all the essential fieldcraft and technical skills needed to get close without causing any disturbance. I will also explain how to recognise different behaviours and habits of so that you leave with a much better understanding of these evocative hunters.
Throughout the day we may have the opportunity to photograph (season dependent); little owls, barn owls, short-eared owls, curlew, buzzards, kestrels, wagtails, skylarks and much more!
- DSLR, Mirrorless or Bridge Camera
- A 500mm lens or 300mm with teleconverters is ideal (or equivalent on crop/bridge camera).
- There may also be opportunities for landscape photography, so a wide angle or standard zoom lens and a sturdy tripod are recommended.
- Camouflage is not essential for this workshop, however neutral colours – browns and greens are strongly advised.
- Wellies or waterproof walking boots are essential and waterproof clothing is strongly recommended.
Please visit the FAQ’s section for more information on what to bring.