What can You expect?
Whether you are a complete beginner or a seasoned professional this workshop is tailored to meet your individual needs. All technical aspects will be covered as required along with invaluable fieldcraft skills.
Throughout the day (weather dependant) you will have the opportunity to capture a range of images, from portraits, backlit images and silhouettes to action shots and environmental images. My grey seal photography workshops will show you how to capture a stunning portfolio of images of these amazing mammals.
The welfare of the subject is of utmost importance in all my wildlife photography workshops. I will teach you the essential fieldcraft skills required to get close and capture stunning images without causing stress or disturbance.
Recommended Photographic Equipment
- DSLR, mirrorless or bridge camera
- 500mm+ lens or 300mm with teleconverters (or equivalent on crop/bridge camera).
- lightweight and water-resistant bean bag.
- There may also be opportunities for landscape photography, so a wide angle or standard zoom lens and a sturdy tripod are recommended.
- Due to the remote nature of the location there are no toilet or refreshment facilities on site.
- Camouflage is not essential for this workshop, however neutral colours are advisable.
- Due to the nature of the coastal location, we will be crossing boggy ground and wet sand to get close to the seals. Waterproof walking boots or wellies are essential and waterproof clothing or a ground matt is strongly recommended as we may have to lie on wet sand to get to eye level with the seals.
Please visit the FAQ’s section for more information on what to bring.